Preparing for birth & beyond
Antenatal classes help you and your partner to get ready for labour, birth, breastfeeding and caring for your newborn baby.
We strive to offer an informative antenatal workshop in order to provide you with accurate, up to date and evidence-based information on the most important topics pertaining to pregnancy, childbirth, complications and baby care. Antenatal or childbirth preparation classes helps to prepare parents for the journey that lies ahead. It is focused on equipping you with the knowledge and skills to cope with the challenges that comes with childbirth and parenting. There are both online options (via zoom) or one-to-one in person class options. Payment to be made at least 5 days in advance to confirm booking. Once payment has been made, arrangements for the classes will be made. Please note that booking is essential.
The content covered in the online classes includes:
Class content can be covered during a once-off 6x hour long workshop or broken down into four to five 1x hour long sessions.
- Introduction, Pregnancy and Body Changes
- Birth Preparation and Signs of Labour
- Normal Physiological Labour and Birth
- Coping Techniques and Pain Relief
- Your Birth Plan/Wishlist and Birth Related Considerations
- Caesarean Section and Assisted Deliveries
- Complications of Pregnancy, Birth and the Post-Birth Period
- First Days at Home
- Essential Baby Care
- Breastfeeding/Infant Feeding
Cost: R2500 per couple
Reference: Client’s name and surname, please email proof of payment.
- Mrs. VE Black
- Standard Bank - Cheque
- Northcliff Branch: 006305
- Account Number: 402005902
- * For Medical Aid clients claim: An invoice will be issued on completion of the course. It is your own responsibility to forward the receipt to your medical aid.